POSITIVELY kNOw DRUGSElementary School Aged Children
Written by educators and law enforcement officers, in corporation with the University of California Irvine, this series of six lessons is delivered by uniformed sworn law enforcement to the highest exiting grade of elementary school-aged children. The six, 45 to 55 minute, lessons are delivered in a traditional classroom setting. Grouping of two classes may be done when scheduling with the officer.
The program is designed to give a clear no-use message while allowing the students to participate in refusal skill practical scenarios.
There are a total of six sessions which include:
1. What is a drug (good drugs/bad drugs) Gateway drugs including alcohol, tobacco, vaping and marijuana. Some emphasis on misuse of prescription.
2. Complete lesson on gateway drugs Introduction to stimulants: methamphetamine, cocaine, and amphetamine.
3. Downers: heroin/opiates, barbiturate, and Quaaludes.
4. Complete hallucinogens and mind-altering drugs. Signs and symptoms of drug abuse.
5. Steroid use and side effects. Peer pressure/media pressure and how to handle it.
6. Positively kNOw Violence
% of Students Served in 2017
POSITIVELY kNOw VIOLENCEElementary School Aged Children
Dangers of gang activity, graffiti, vandalism and an anti-bullying test.
Copyright 2017 | Drug Use is Life Abuse (DUILA) duila.org | ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
All the contents, books and programs can not be replicated, duplicated or copied in any manner without prior written approval from DUILA.ORG.